At a Glance
Atin Biopolymer Company (privately held company) is a knowledge enterprise producing innovative biopolymer and hydro-polymer products as well as supplements and raw materials. Atin’s activities revolve around producing and supplying various medical equipment and their related materials, various wound coverings and dermatological patches as well as hydro-polymer products, biopolymer products, and nanotechnology. The Porteghal Accelerator as the main force behind Atin’s business development has been in charge of providing the funds needed to complete the Atin’s master plan as well as developing justification, business and marketing plans since 2017.
With the conviction of the heart, Atin is determined to implement its master plan (including 3 sub-projects) as an effort to improve human life and uphold human values, while paying attention to the need for economic efficiency, progress based on the necessary principles and new methods and leading an efficient production unit. Atin also believes in the commercialization and transformation of Iranian technical knowledge and inventions into quality and effective products for the benefit of mankind, a goal that will be achieved soon by the collective endeavor of Atin’s expansive team.
The key benefits of the Atin’s master plan are briefly listed as follows:
- The products are unique at both domestic and international levels
- They Benefit from higher qualitative advantages than other similar products available
- The ability to supply the raw materials domestically
- The equipment and the machinery used in the production lines are designed and manufactured by inventors and machine-building groups, all composed experts within the country
- Reducing the dependence of the medical equipment market on foreign products and the issues related to supplying them
- Preventing the withdrawal of significant amounts of currency from the country to import similar items with lower quality
- Significantly reducing the prices of the products for end consumers
- The considerable amount of direct and indirect employment
- The potential broad market for exporting products, selling technology or creating partnerships with foreign companies
- Pollution-free production processes
- Proof of effectiveness and obtaining objective and practical results from the products based on clinical trials in different treatment periods
- A significant reduction in treatment costs imposed on people, government and health insurance companies in the country
- The ability to quickly develop and launch new product lines and possibly factories if the predicted demand of the market is realized
- Relatively low investment volume and desirability of economic and financial indicators
- Decent profitability even on the basis of minimal initial capacity
Currently, no company in Iran produces chitin, chitosan and its derivatives on an industrial scale, and Iran is mainly an importer of these products. Atin’s main competitors are international chitosan manufacturers, including American, European and especially South East Asian companies. Generally, active producers in the Asia-Pacific region have also targeted export markets in North America and Europe. Japan and China, are the largest producers and consumers of chitosan in the region. Atin’s marketing management team, in conjunction with R&D teams, has set up reliable international relationships with European pharmaceutical companies and cosmetics manufacturers to ensure that exports of surplus raw materials and supplements and Atin’s other competitive products are globalized, and the position of this business in the value chain of the industry is consolidated as soon as the industrial production starts. Based on clinical trials conducted with all of Atin’s products, the effectiveness of drugs, supplements, and ingredients has been proved with reliable evidence, as well as third-party recommendations and certifications (including organizations affiliated to the Ministry of Health and Medical Education, and other government agencies and privately owned laboratories). It should be noted that these products have no similarity to other available products in terms of formulas and constituent elements and are completely unique. Atin products are produced and supplied at very competitive and economical prices, although the initial investment costs of this plan, as well as its overhead operating costs in the area of marketing, are significant. Based on estimates from domestic and then the Middle East and EU demand; the cost of each product unit and its final delivery price are calculated in such a way that price-based competitiveness in the target markets will increase even more.